Thursday, January 5

Good, Better, Best, and Bestest.

Once upon a time my parents created a joint Facebook account. 
(They are really hip, potentially even more so than their 18 year old daughter)
Yesterday my mum informed me that she deleted their account, because it wasn't necessary. It was a distraction and an epic time waster. Everything she said was merely echoing thoughts I have had for quite some time, but I have never taken the 20 seconds of courage to cut out the superfluous in my life. Well today, I am taking a step in the right direction. No, I will not be deleting Facebook. As much as I would like to, I just love people too much! So many of my friends live in other states, even other countries, and Facebook is the only medium through which we keep in touch. But I am taking the advice of Elder Oaks as well as the example of my parents to heart. I intend to sprinkle my time with little doses of good things, like the fabulous Facebook and the beautiful Pinterest. But as Elder Oaks says,  

"We have to forego some good things in order to choose others that are better or best because they develop faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and strengthen our families."  
And that is exactly what I plan to do. I am going to cut back on the "good" and quadruple the "better" and "best" in my life. So many of the good and fun things that I spend so much time on won't bring me closer to my Heavenly Father, and if I want to be a true instrument in His hands, I am going to have to cut back on the wasted time and consecrate my life to the Lord. So there it is friends. I have pressed "publish" and sent my commitment to be better out into the vast world that is the internet. 
Which means I am holding myself accountable to all of you. 
You are all my witnesses. 



No comments:

Post a Comment