Friday, November 25

Alma 10:23

But by the prayers of righteous are you spared.


23 But it is by the aprayers of the righteous that ye are spared; now therefore, if ye will bcast out the righteous from among you then will not the Lord stay his hand; but in his fierce anger he will come out against you; then ye shall be smitten by famine, and by pestilence, and by the sword; and the ctime is soon at hand except ye repent.

When I first read this I thought, "I wonder if my prayers have made a difference. I wonder if anyone has been 'spared' because of my prayer."
And then it hit me,
"How many times have I been 'spared' because of the prayers of others on my behalf?"
This is a seriously humbling, and beautiful thought to consider.
And for that, I thank you.
Thank you for your prayers and your support. I hope you know that I pray for you too. I pray that this blog will help just one person, brighten one person's day, or strengthen one person's testimony. I feel so blessed to associate with such marvelous, righteous, wonderful people and share my simple, but sincere thoughts with you on a daily basis.
We must pray for eachother. Pray for your friends and family. Pray for the success of your competitors. Pray for a change of heart, first for your own and secondly, for the hearts of those around you. Pray for the world! You never know who might be 'spared' because of your prayer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment