Wednesday, November 2

Mosiah 7:33

I'm jumping ahead a little bit, because I am just so excited!
Today, I'm gonna dive right into Mosiah and share with you a bit of what we learned in Book of Mormon class this morning. We discussed my theme exactly! It was such a beautiful lesson, and it was all centered around the themes of bondage and deliverance. Sister Brinkerhoff defined bondage as "anything that lessens our agency." This definition really opened my eyes to the different levels and various instances of bondage we experience in our own lives.
Then, I found it.
I found the answer - the ultimate verse on deliverance.
Chapter 7 verse 33:

 33 But if ye will turn to the Lord with full purpose of heart, and put your trust in him, and serve him with all diligence of mind, if ye do this, he will, according to his own will and pleasure, deliver you out of bondage.

Are you as excited as I am?! When I read this I wanted to jump up and cheer!
In fact, I think I will...WOOHOOOOO!
This right here is the cheat sheet, the sparknotes, the key to deliverance.
Right here it is spelled out for us. We are literally being spoon-fed the Savior's sweet deliverance.

We must...
1. Turn to the Lord
2. Trust Him
3. Serve Him

How?
1. With full purpose of heart
2. With all diligence of mind

It's just that easy.
And then my favorite part of the verse:
"according to His own will and pleasure
deliver you out of bondage."
The Lord is just waiting to deliver us. It is His pleasure to release us from spiritual captivity, to restore our full agency and erase all things that would inhibit that agency. 
I hope this is as thrilling to you as it is to me. 
I love my Savior. I am feeling His promised deliverance in my life daily. I hope you are too. 
Don't rob Him of the pleasure He gets from delivering His children. We need Him so desperately. 



2 comments:

  1. Oh How I love your pure, believing heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautifully written; the scripture and your post. Thanks for recording your thoughts :) I think these will be my goal for the month (and life!)

    ReplyDelete