Tuesday, November 1

Be thou an Example of the Believers

President Monson's devotional was absolutely wonderful. Go to the BYUtv website to hear his full address. http://byutv.org/watch

His talk was so tender, and such a great reminder of the 2009 Mutual theme found in Timothy 4:12. "Be thou an Example of the Believers." It reminds me of my experience with "A Brand New Year." This was a pivotal experience in my life, an opportunity to share the Gospel through song, learn more about my Savior, strengthen my testimony, and forge life long friendships. I am forever grateful for this beautiful experience. It was one of the highlights of my young life, an event that put me on the road that I am on today.
It is my prayer that we will be examples of the believers at all times...you never know who is watching your example. You never know the influence you can have on another person.



As much as I hate to post videos of myself, I felt this was called for.
Sister Dalton and President Dalquist bear strong testimony of the power that comes when we are living our lives as examples of the believers.
[This beautiful song was written by the incredible Ross Boothe, I only wish I did it justice!]  

1 comment:

  1. I remember that I got to be a part of this recording in the conference center for mutual and you came out and started singing this song and I freaked out and said "that girl is in my chemistry class!!" And I knew right then that I wanted to be your friend so badly. That was about three years ago now and I'm so blessed and lucky to be able to say that you, Marissa, have been such an example to me. I love you so much!

    ReplyDelete