Tuesday, November 8

Mosiah 21:4

In class, my Professor asked us if we had woken up this morning with the sole purpose to live the day with exact obedience and to do the will of the Lord. I was hesitant to raise my hand out of the fear of appearing self-righteous, but I honestly, sincerely had that thought when I woke up.
I thought,
"Marissa! I want to serve the Lord today. I want to be an uplifting source to everyone I meet today."
I had been reading ahead in chapter 21 of Mosiah and read this verse

Yea, all this was done that the word of the Lord might be fulfilled.

And you know what I thought to myself?
I want my every move to be justified in this manner; "that this was done that the word of God might be fulfilled." So, this is the verse that inspired me to start off my day centered on Christ and His will.
If we were to live our lives with this verse at our core, the world would be a much more cheery place, don't you think?
If our sole purpose was centered on being disciples of Christ and witnesses that He lives, the world would be better for it.
This is my prayer, that, just as Sister Brinkerhoff asked, we might awake each morning, ready and thrilled to do nothing save it be to glorify God. To praise Him in all we do and live each day with a renewed conviction to be better. To offer deliverance to a friend in need through aligning our will with God's.

No comments:

Post a Comment