Sunday, September 18

1 Nephi 21:14-16


If you ever have a spare moment this week, and you find yourself in need of a boost, I would highly recommend a general conference talk I encountered in my studies today. Given by Loren C. Dunn in April of 1974 entitled "Hanging On," a beautifully eloquent talk on the reason for trials in our lives. He talks about our Father's love for us, and how everything stems from that infinite, all reaching love. He shares a scripture from the Doctrine and Covenants: “And again, be patient in tribulation until I come; and, behold, I come quickly, and my reward is with me, and they who have sought me early shall find rest to their souls."
We must endure. We must keep perspective and know that all tribulation will pass; that He will come quickly to deliver us.
As I was reading in first Nephi today, I was touched by the following verses.
14 But, behold, Zion hath said: The Lord hath forsaken me, and my Lord hath forgotten me—but he will show that he hath not. 15 For can a awoman forget her sucking child, that she should not have bcompassion on the son of her womb? Yea, they may cforget, yet will I not forget thee, O house of Israel. 16 Behold, I have graven thee upon the apalms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me.
Through the atonement, through the piercings in His hands, we are literally engraved in His palms. The Lord will never forsake us. He is so mindful of us, it is unreal! He knows each one of us better than we know ourselves, better than we could ever imagine. Every heartache, every joy, every moment of bliss, every moment of disappointment, every laugh, every doubt -- He knows.  
So next time you feel like crying, just remember...He knows. 
He comes quickly to the aid of the righteous, so ask for Him.
Let His grace, His sweet deliverance into your life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment