Thursday, September 22

2 Nephi 4:30-33

It is 12:15 in the AM and I am still awake...
Why?
I am blogging.
[sigh]
However, that's because I had a beautiful, busy day today, and I hope you did too. 
Life just seems to look much better when I am able to see my beautiful family two days in a row and have incredible experiences in the Book of Mormon every day!
Today's studies took me to the fourth chapter of 2 Nephi, which is truly an incredible chapter.
There is such a sense of urgency, of imploring as he is literally begging the Lord for deliverance, for aid on his journey to perfection. I find his words so powerful.

 30 Rejoice, O my aheart, and cry unto the Lord, and say: O Lord, I will praise thee forever; yea, my soul will rejoice in thee, my God, and the brock of my salvation.
 31 O Lord, wilt thou aredeem my soul? Wilt thou deliver me out of the hands of mine enemies? Wilt thou make me that I may shake at the appearance of bsin?
 32 May the gates of hell be shut continually before me, because that my aheart is broken and my spirit is contrite! O Lord, wilt thou not shut the gates of thy righteousness before me, that I may bwalk in the path of the low valley, that I may be strict in the plain road!
 33 O Lord, wilt thou encircle me around in the robe of thy arighteousness! O Lord, wilt thou make a way for mine escape before mine benemies! Wilt thou make my path straight before me! 
I love the use of exclamation points! I feel like this section of scripture has such a different feeling. It is a petition to the Lord, a strong, passionate plea. These last few days have been really rough, and I am constantly finding myself pleading with the Lord. Praying for understanding and guidance. Praying for deliverance: that he will show me the way, or make sense of my trials. And when I read this today I had an epiphany, "I'm not using enough exclamation points in my prayers!" 
By that, I simply mean that we have to have a sense of drive and true, sincere desire. There is nothing passive about praying. Praying and pleading for the Lord's help must be active and with strong, pure intent. 
What are your favorite verses in this chapter? [that's your cue to read this epic, life altering chapter and leave your thoughts below :)]
[I apologize for the font trauma...i'm still learning]

No comments:

Post a Comment