Friday, September 23

2 Nephi 6:17


For the Lord God will help me, therefore shall I not be confounded. Therefore have I set my face like a flint, and I know that I shall not be aashamed. And the Lord is near, and he ajustifieth me. Who will contend with me? Let us stand together. Who is mine adversary? Let him come near me, and I will bsmite him with the strength of my mouth. For the Lord God will help me. And all they who shallacondemn me, behold, all they shall bwax old as a garment, and the moth shall eat them up.
Isaiah. Mmmm mmm good. Isaiah is my very favorite. 
Granted, it is often tricky to understand, but you know how I go crazy for poetry and figurative speech. He just speaks to me. I really encourage any of you who are afraid of Isaiah to jump in and approach his writing with the same perspective as you would Shakespeare or any other beautiful, deep piece of literature, being mindful of his use of figurative language. I also like to read Isaiah out loud, that always helps emphasize the fluidity and cadence of his style. So give it a try!  
I really think you might just learn to adore Isaiah. 



No comments:

Post a Comment