Wednesday, September 21

2 Nephi 3:13

In chapter 3 alone, it says the word "deliver" 3 times.
This was an epic deliverance chapter.
In verse 13, I learned something really beautiful today. 
Sometimes deliverance comes in a different form. 
We will not always be led out of our hard times by the hand of the Lord. Sometimes He enables us to pull  ourselves out of those hard times. As we turn our weaknesses over to Him, they will be transformed into strengths, and before you know it, we will be pulling ourselves out of the fire. What a beautiful thought! But we must remember who enabled us to do so: the Lord is always our deliverer, the source of freedom from bondage. 


With all that I am going through right now, with all that we are faced with daily, I think the Lord must be preparing us for something truly great. I feel His hand in my life, crafting me, shaping me into a better person, a better disciple, even though at times that requires a bit of cutting down. As we endure these tribulations and turn to God for guidance, our weaknesses are becoming strengths. We are literally being fortified through every set back we have, every heart break, every disappointment. The Lord is building us up by first cutting us down. Elder Christofferson said it best in his April 2011 conference address. 

"The very experience of enduring chastening can refine us for greater spiritual privileges." -D. Todd Christofferson

You know how I feel about studying Conference talks...so, you know what's coming next :)
 If you get the chance, I definitely would re-read this talk! It is one of my favorites. 

So just remember:


13 And out of weakness he shall be made strong, in that day when my work shall commence among all my people, unto the restoring thee, O house of Israel, saith the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment