Monday, September 19

1 Nephi 22:20

I just couldn't resist...


In today's reading, Nephi talks about Moses and the great leader that he was.
And so I, being the musical theater fanatic that I am, couldn't help but play this song over and over in my head as I was reading.
It is a little dramatic, I understand, but what powerful lyrics:


Hear our call
Deliver us
Lord of all
Remember us, here in this burning sand
Deliver us
There's a land you promised us
Deliver us
Out of bondage and
Deleiver us to the promised land...



 20 And the Lord will surely aprepare a way for his people, unto the fulfilling of the words of Moses, which he spake, saying: Abprophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you. And it shall come to pass that all those who will not hear that prophet shall be ccut off from among the people.

The Prophet he refers to is the Holy One of Israel, even Jesus Christ. It is our responsibility to not only hear the words of the Lord but to heed them. 
General Conference is fast approaching, which means yet another opportunity to receive counsel directly from the Lord. I am so excited for Conference, I can't wait! Honestly, how blessed are we to have a living Prophet on the earth?! I love President Monson, I sustain him wholeheartedly, and I know that He is God's messenger on the earth. 
We can start preparing now! I have already started a list of trials and questions in my life that I could use some deliverance from and some answers to. This is a system that really works for me, and I would recommend finding out what works best for you, what system will be the most beneficial in your Conference experience.
Already have ideas? Please share! 
Leave any thoughts or suggestions in the conveniently placed thought box below :)

2 comments:

  1. I really like to come up with just a few questions (three or four) that I want to get answered and study before conference for a few weeks so I know everything I can. That way, if I can understand as much as possible when All-Star Weekend comes along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in love with the Prince of Egypt soundtrack. I'm also falling in love with your blog! Deliverance = inspiring idea.

    As for conference, I like to do the classic "Quotes from them" vs. "Thoughts by me" columns in my notebook. Plus, I eat lots of good food, and I'm sure that's somehow beneficial.

    ReplyDelete