Tuesday, September 20

2 Nephi 1:5-7

 But, said he, notwithstanding our afflictions, we have obtained a aland of promise, a land which is bchoice above all other lands; a land which the Lord God hath ccovenanted with me should be a land for the inheritance of my seed. Yea, the Lord hathdcovenanted this land unto me, and to my children forever, and also all those who should be eled out of other countries by the hand of the Lord.
 Wherefore, I, Lehi, prophesy according to the workings of the Spirit which is in me, that there shall anone come into this land save they shall be brought by the hand of the Lord.
 Wherefore, this aland is consecrated unto him whom he shall bring. And if it so be that they shall serve him according to the commandments which he hath given, it shall be a land of bliberty unto them; wherefore, they shall never be brought down into captivity; if so, it shall be because of iniquity; for if iniquity shall abound ccursed shall be the land for their sakes, but unto the righteous it shall be blessed forever.

Sitting in the library, having one of those days.
Not really sure of myself or much of anything for that matter.
The tears are too close to the surface, and I may very well break down at any moment. 
But then, I pull up LDS.org and commence my daily study. 
[sigh of relief]
What a beautiful thing to have buckets of joy poured on you through only a few verses of the scriptures. 
I am literally crying in the library right now; sitting here, alone, perfectly at peace with my current predicaments. When I read those verses, it's like everything melts away, and the stunning imagery of the promised land consumes me, and brings me such joy. I cannot even fathom the elation one would feel, being led by the hand of the Lord into the promised land, yet I like to imagine. And then, just like that, I am delivered once again from the bondage of my self-woe. I am so grateful for the scriptures. They really are the word of God. They can bring such joy into our lives, such relief. I hope you are all having a lovely day, and if you weren't before...I hope it just got a little bit better. 
The Lord loves us. So very much. Isn't that enough?
I think so. 



  

1 comment:

  1. i adore you. and i wonder all the time why we are even friends because you are so great. i wish i was in provo so i could bring you a brownie and a hug.

    ReplyDelete