Wednesday, September 28

2 Nephi 9:28-29

Conference. Oh how I adore thee! I am so looking forward to this weekend, to participate in the miracle of General Conference. Yes, I said "miracle." Don't you think it is miraculous? We are going to receive guidance from the Lord this weekend. Personalized packages of inspiration directly from our Heavenly Father, specific to our needs. That amazes me! I think sometimes we take that for granted, that knowledge that we have a living Prophet on the earth today, who receives inspiration from the Lord. I love President Monson. I am so excited to hear what he has to say to me this weekend. 
President Holland said, 

"If we speak with the spirit, and you listen with the spirit, prophetic epistles will come."

That was a promise from an apostle. A powerful promise that if we listen with the spirit, with an open heart and a desire to be taught, we will be. Not "maybe." Not "if you're lucky."
No. He said, "prophetic epistles will come." 

Today in Book of Mormon we were analyzing chapters 9 & 10 of 2 Nephi. I had already read those chapters previously, but today in class I found some beautiful verses, verses I had somehow overlooked. One of my favorites is in verse 30.

28 O that cunning aplan of the evil one! O the bvainness, and the frailties, and the cfoolishness of men! When they are dlearned they think they are ewise, and they fhearken not unto the gcounsel of God, for they set it aside, supposing they know of themselves, wherefore, their hwisdom is foolishness and it profiteth them not. And they shall perish. 29 But to be alearned is good if they bhearken unto the ccounsels of God. 31 And wo unto the deaf that will not ahear; for they shall perish.

This passage just hit me today in class, especially with Conference just around the corner. We have to hearken unto the counsels of God. It is not enough to "hear" the words, to go through the motions of watching conference. We must hearken and listen with the Spirit.

This weekend God is going to speak to you. Will you listen?  

No comments:

Post a Comment