Monday, October 3

2 Nephi 16:8

I've been thinking a lot lately about deliverance in the form of other people. And in particular, how I can be a vessel of deliverance for someone else. The thought occurred to me, that when we receive a prompting and act upon it, we are allowing ourselves to become an instrument in the hands of the Lord. He will use us to answer the prayers of others and deliver them from their trials.
In chapter 16 it states:

 Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: aWhom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then I said: Here am I; send me.


What a beautiful example of a desire and willingness to serve. "Here am I; send me." I hope that I can have an attitude like Isaiah, always willing to do what the Lord would have me do.


The greatest joy I know in life, is to feel the prompting of the Spirit and act upon it, and later learn that it was the answer to someone's prayer or the fulfillment of someone's need."
-President Monson

No comments:

Post a Comment