Thursday, October 13

2 Nephi 32:1-3

This week I shared a passage of scripture with my lovely sister Jenessa, (via email) who is currently serving a mission in Romania. It was something I encountered in my daily study that I thought might offer some aid to her in a particularly hard situation she is dealing with. Many of you probably know this [because I constantly talk about my amazing sister and the latest news from her letters] but Jenessa is currently learning Russian, after studying Romanian in the MTC. With a completely different alphabet, you can only imagine how difficult this would be. When I was reading in chapter 32, I couldn't help but think of my dearest sister, who is serving the Lord, far from home, battling feelings of inadequacy and frustration.



 And now, behold, my beloved brethren, I suppose that ye ponder somewhat in your hearts concerning that which ye should do after ye have entered in by the way. But, behold, why do ye ponder these things in your hearts? Do ye not remember that I said unto you that after ye hadareceived the Holy Ghost ye could speak with the btongue of angels? And now, how could ye speak with the tongue of angels save it were by the Holy Ghost? aAngels speak by the power of the Holy Ghost; wherefore, they speak the words of Christ. Wherefore, I said unto you, bfeast upon the cwords of Christ; for behold, the words of Christ will dtell you all things what ye should do.

There is no need to feel inadequate. Yes, we all are burdened by inadequacy at times, it is one of Satan's strongest tools. Yet in these verses, I am reassured that we have no reason to feel that way. We are capable. With the Lord's help and His Spirit, we will be blessed with the gift of tongues, even with a tongue of Angels to do His will, and be successful in our righteous pursuits. He will qualify us as we do our part and assert ourselves. He doesn't ask for perfection - just practice. He doesn't ask for exactness - just effort. We must do our part, the best that we can, and He will do the rest. 
I wish I could fly to Romania and give my sister a big hug right now. Tell her that it's going to be okay, that I am so proud of her. But, then I remember, my Savior is there with her, arms extended, waiting to comfort her when things get rough. And that image, in turn, comforts me. 
Our Savior is with us at all times. His deliverance is just an arm-length away. He is there for you always, and especially when you need Him most. 


"Because Jesus walked such a long, lonely path utterly alone, we do not have to do so."
-Elder Holland

No comments:

Post a Comment