Monday, October 10

2 Nephi 25:4

Okay, break's over. Now back to Nephi. Today I stumbled through the remaining Isaiah sections in 2 Nephi and ended up in chapter 25, where I found the key to unlocking Isaiah! Nephi explains that the words of Isaiah are easily understood to those who are filled with the Spirit. Verse 4 reads:


Wherefore, hearken, O my people, which are of the house of Israel, and give ear unto my words; for because the words of Isaiah are not plain unto you, nevertheless they are plain unto all those that are filled with the aspirit of bprophecy. But I give unto you a cprophecy, according to the spirit which is in me; wherefore I shall prophesy according to the dplainness which hath been with me from the time that I came out from Jerusalem with my father; for behold, my soul delighteth in eplainness unto my people, that they may learn.

Isaiah is accessible to everyone; everyone who is filled with the Spirit of Prophecy. So, how, you may ask, can you be filled with the Spirit of Prophecy? To that I say, I am not entirely sure. I personally believe that if we ask, we will receive. If you pray fervently for the Spirit before you dive into Isaiah, you will be blessed with a spirit of understanding as you read his words. It has worked in my life. Honestly, keeping up with this blog has been especially difficult during my Isaiah readings. Yet as I have prayed daily, I have been blessed with a little token of understanding every time, even if that means only a verse or two that I can fully analyze. I am so grateful for the Spirit of Prophecy and our opportunity to access it.
What do you think? How have you accessed the Spirit of Prophecy that Nephi refers to in verse 4? Share your thoughts! When we share our feelings and thoughts, we strengthen ourselves and each other immensely...so don't be shy! Pay the conveniently placed thought box a visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment