Thursday, October 6

2 Nephi 18:14

So...here's the deal. I am having a harder time in Isaiah than I may have let on earlier. Yes, Isaiah is beautiful. I really do love his imagery and wording, but today, I was having a hard time. So my friend Evan swooped in with all of his knowledge at the right moment and taught me a lot about deliverance through the words of Isaiah. So, I gratefully turn this post over to him. 


Sometimes Isaiah either goes over my head or I seem to misinterpret it a little. I say this knowing full well that, "Scripture consists not in what one reads, but in what one understands" (Dallin H. Oaks). With that in mind, I begin my analysis.
Isaiah talks of Christ in such a great way, 

"And he shall be for a sanctuary; but for a astone of bstumbling, and for a crock of doffense to both the houses of Israel, for a gin and a esnare to the inhabitants of Jerusalem.

I wish to emphasize the first part. That Christ is a sanctuary unto his people, the peace that he brings in times of trial. It is true that he descended below us, just so that he might be able to succor us in each of our very own times of need. Sanctuary. Just the word brings connotations of relief and love and deliverance. For this I am grateful, and because of this I am able to stand in times of adversity.


[courtesy of Evan Stuart Russell guest blogger for the month of October...what a treat for you! 
P.S. He was the Valedictorian at his high school, making him a credible and respectable source...kind of a big deal]

No comments:

Post a Comment