Monday, October 10

commercial break

I INTERRUPT THIS PROGRAM TO BRING YOU THIS IMPORTANT NEWS BULLETIN!


Okay, it's not that important, and maybe the "all caps" was a bit excessive, but I wanted to take a little break from Isaiah and share with you something I learned this weekend.
Deliverance comes through the little things. The little joys, the brief beauties, petite pleasures. This weekend I found deliverance in all of those small things. Never did I once feel discouraged or weighed down, despite all of the things going wrong in my life. Not once. Because I chose to recognize the Lord's hand in my life through the small and simple manifestations of His love for me. I would like to share with you some of those little personalized packages of deliverance that I received this week.


A letter from a dear friend.
Rain.
Time with my family.
A phone call from my grandma.
Advice and love from my awesome roommates. 
Rainbow Jello!
A particularly thoughtful text.
Planking.
Bagels and Cream Cheese.
Slumber Party.
An opportunity to serve. 
A friendly smile.
Great friends.
Careless Whisper on the flute and violin.


These sound silly and small, I am aware :)
However, Albert Einstein said this, 


"There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle, 
or you can live as though everything is."

I believe deliverance comes when we choose to live after the manner of the latter. Live your life as though everything is a miracle. See the Lord's hand in ever aspect of your life. You will be overwhelmed by his goodness, by His infinite love for you. He has given us everything. Literally anything good we have been blessed with comes straight from the hands of our Heavenly Father. Remember that, and your life will take a turn for the better. Things will look up, as we recognize and thank the Lord for all that He has given us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment