Thursday, October 27

the word of God

I am currently writing a paper on Book of Mormon: the Musical in Writing 150. In my research I came across the official statement given by the 1st Presidency of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints concerning this obscene musical, and I just wanted to share it with you.

"The production may attempt to entertain audiences for an evening, but the Book of Mormon as a volume of scripture will change people's lives forever by bringing them closer to Christ."

Isn't that powerful? There is power in the Book of Mormon. Never forget what a treasure it is to have the scriptures. It is through this book that we will come to know Christ and change our lives for the better. I would urge us all to be better acquainted with the scriptures, and better equipped with the word of God - ready to defend our beliefs at any time.
I would also encourage those who know little about what "Mormons" stand for, to do some research. Read the Book of Mormon, it is a staple in our religion, the "keystone"even. And if you ever have a question, please feel free to ask! I will do my best to clarify or discuss any questions you might have.
I want you to know that I know this church is true.
I feel so fortunate to be a member of the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. I love my Savior, and I am striving to be more and more like Him each day. I am grateful for the scriptures. I know that the Book of Mormon is a true book, translated by Joseph Smith, who was a Prophet of God. I am forever grateful for Joseph Smith and his willingness to be a vessel for the Spirit and an instrument in the hands of God. I pray that we will not take this knowledge for granted, but that we will share it with the world! "Be not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ." It is our responsibility as disciples of Christ to take this message of deliverance and love with us wherever we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment